You've heard it said,"You can't have your cake and eat it too."
But really, who intentionally gets cake and then doesn't eat it. Even you crazy healthies out there who have crazy will power to abstain from such evils, wouldn't go through the trouble of serving it up it in the first place if you weren't going to eat it.
If you work for cake, you're going to eat that sucker. Am I right? (And you're going to make it german chocolate or coffee cake. Just me? Ok.)
In a world where dreams are becoming more and more of people's realities, there are a lot of nay-say-ers that have shuffled their way to the top of the soap box. They might inform you your writing isn't up to par or your space just doesn't flow. They might get into the nitty gritty of what they assume you're saying instead of actually listening and reflecting.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for cohesive and pretty blogs/books/lives and grammatically correct pieces, but life is a little messier than that. Some of us are a couple steps behind and we need to be allowed the space to walk at our own pace. We need to be allowed the grace to figure our purpose, our calling, in the ever changing seasons of life. (Click to tweet that!)
That's what this blog has become. In a time of shifting roles and responsibilities, likes and dislikes, passions and questions, I want to be able to stand up and say, "Hey, the only thing all these little sectors have in common is me! And that's okay!"
These past two months have been a beautiful whirlwind of figuring out that yes, my life is shaping up to be a seemingly mismatched patchwork quilt, but it's oh so beautiful.
I've been given the ingredients and recipe for the world's sweetest cake, and I'll be damned if I don't take a big ol' bite. (Wanna tweet that too?)
- Design, by myself, my husband, and Dunkin Donut Coffee
- Topic Organization, most everything I write here will be on one (or a blend) of the sidebar topics (motherhood, worship, faith, next generation)
- About & New Reader pages, some new fun and updated facts
- One Half Worship Coaching, a virtual mentoring program with women in (or who want to be in) worship
- The Free Box (coming next week), filled with downloads, music, printables, worksheets and the like.
Original photo via